Camden Associate Reformed Presbyterian Church

This church is nearly 160 years old.  The Historical Marker in front of the church reads:  “This building was constructed c. 1849 as a Cumberland Presbyterian Church.  The Camden Associate Reformed Presbyterian congregation was organized in September 1890 in the parlor of the William Joel Bonner home.  This building was purchased soon after.  Benjamin Meek Miller, Governor of Alabama, 1831-1835, was an original trustee and deacon.  In 1906 the structure was remodeled, with the front portico being enclosed and a new steeple added.”

This church is located at 209 Broad street in Camden, AL (GPS coordinates N31.994528,W87.293444).

Tags: