Purifoy-Lee-McCoy Home

This splendid antebellum home, now known as “Patience Plantation,” was built in simple Federal style with Greek Revival elements. Built in approximately 1841 it encompasses around 4,000 square feet of living space. The usual Doric boxed columns are seen across the front, with the restoration work done by George and Ruth Carlin who had purchased the home in 1966. The home is now owned by Cindy and William McCoy who purchased it in 1995.