The Wilcox County Courthouse was built c. 1858 by Alexander J. Bragg, brother of the builder of the Bragg-Mitchell home in Mobile. The Greek Revival structure is known architecturally for its four massive Doric columns and balustrade wrought iron steps leading to the second floor central doorway. It is one of only four antebellum court houses still in use in the state. The courthouse was recorded by the Historic American Buildings Survey and it is the centerpiece of the Wilcox County Courthouse Historic District that’s listed on the National Register of Historic Places (NRHP).
This courthouse is located at downtown Camden, AL (GPS coordinates: N31.991167,W87.289250).