15709 Alabama 10 Pine Apple,
The Town of Pine Apple was settled by 1816, originally named Friendship in the 1820s and later designated Pine Apple by the United States Post Office in 1851. Pine Apple was incorporated on February 24, 1872. The following commercial ventures served the community from this area: automotive agency, bank, barber, blacksmith, boarding house, butcher shop, cotton gin, drug store, garage and service stations, general store, gift shop, grocery stores, hair salon, hotels, ice house, insurance agency, livery stables, mercantile stores, newspaper, quail hatchery, radio station, restaurant, sawmill-planer mill, seamstress, spoke and handle factory, tannery, telephone exchange, wheelwright, and woodshop. Pine Apple also had a calaboose, churches, civitan club, doctors and dentist offices, fire department, Matheson Library, Masonic Hall, Moore Academy, New Century Club, Pine Apple Depot, post office, public pool and bath houses, and tennis courts. Pine Apple experienced the War Between the States, the burring of the town in 1903, and the Great Depression, and sent sons to war in support of this country.
In all, the Pine Apple Historic District, entered into the National Register of Historic Places on February 26, 1999, includes 73 properties from the mid-19th to the mid-20th century.